First off, Prague is easily one the best cities that I have ever been to. They have great food, beer, sites, and people. Everything is good about this city (except for the mobs of tourists, but we are among them so I can't complain as if I were a local). The beer here is really good, everyone drinks Pilsner Urquell which is one of my favorite beers, even before coming to Prague. The menus at restaurants are just a list of meat dishes - there aren't many greens so Andrew and I are very happy with eating out.
The city of Prague is beautiful. I've been taking about 100 pictures a day of everything that we come across, down to normal buildings that are just so much nicer here than anywhere else that I have been. The Prague castle is amazing. It's a bit of a hike getting across town and up the hill its built on, but it's worth it once you are there. Today we went in the cathedral there and climbed a tight spiral staircase 287 stairs to the top of one of the towers. It was really fun trying to fit traffic through in both directions when you can't even fit two people shoulder-to-shoulder on a stair.
We've made some friends in the hostel. The girls that Andrew mentioned sleeping in the room are from Canada and we drank with them last night at the hostel bar. We had absynthe for the first time which doesn't have the effects people say that it does, at least not for me and Andrew. However, it is really strong, about 70% alcohol so it's not like you're wasting your money by buying it. And it's really really fun burning the sugar cubes. There were multiple times that I was afraid for my life with the fire going nearby.
Today is the 4th of July so Andrew and I are being especially patriotic (which is really Andrew being himself). We stopped by the American embassy here to see if they were having a bbq or something fun, but they were sadly closed for the holiday.
We got everything set up for Greece - one night in Athens, two on the beach in Mykonons, one on Santorini, and three more in Athens (all for $140 each person). That part of the trip will be a nice vacation from the vacation. We are off to Vienna tomorrow though for a few days before we get to start that part of our trip. The next few weeks are going to be amazing.
Wednesday, July 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kyle - I should have cautioned you before the trip that Andrew likes to visit American Embassys. He thinks he has to feel a bit of "his native soil". He couldn't even go away to camp without getting homesick :)
Miss you guys!
Love, Mama B
Post a Comment