Well Kyle and I are here in Mykonos, a Greek Isle. It was interesting getting here considering that we only wanted to spend a maximum of 30 euro for the boat ride. After barely making the boat that we did, and spending 80 euro to get on, we finally made it to the island. The Greek Isles are not the typical island that one would picture; they are not at all tropical, but are still beautiful. We saw the sun set just a few hours ago, and it was probably one of the most beautiful sunsets i have seen.
We are staying on Paradise Beach where the water is the clearest and bluest water I have ever seen. If you want to go nude on the beach, that is perfectly acceptable. Now, when I say nude, I mean completely nude. Most of them are old ladies and men that no one really wants to look at anyway, but some of them are quite nice (I know you would really like them Rickie).
We have this tiny little cabin that is only big enough for two beds and a night stand. The beds are just a little bigger than my shoulder width, which makes sleep somewhat of a difficult thing.
We head back to Athens tomorrow morning. Our hotel is about 10 min. from the Acropolis, which is amazing to see. Athens reminds me of a little Tijuana, only more beautiful. It was strange to place the toilet paper in a trash can next to the toilet rather than flushing it down ( i guess the toilets cannot support the paper). We have already had one night in Greece before coming to Mykonos. We got to eat dinner at a restaurant under the Acropolis that over looked the city.
Upon return to Athens we are going to explore all of the major historical sites; there are many of them, so it might take some time. Then it is on to Cairo. I have not shaved since Dublin which was at the beginning of the trip. I am expecting to blend in in Cairo fairly well.
Well until the next city...
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment